 General / 30523
Re: I'm back...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 07:32:25 GMT

<snip>
Did you also spoof Todd's name earlier tonight?

No, I spoofed the Lugnet Server account used for posting info about
the Lugnet server.  It's got Todd's nyme in it though.

Ah, I see. This is a good example that Todd needs to put *some* security on
this site.

I saw this post:
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=30512
(which is now canceled) But I did see it when it was up, and the top part
where you say (I am using this nyme...) was there, just as you put it on
another post. It stuck out to me for two reasons- the "nyme" and I could not
understand why Todd was saying such things. So did you spoof Todd's name?
Man, if so you really must want to tee him off.
Scott C.

Not really, I just want the ability to post without getting banned for
no particular reason at all.  If anyone has a right to be tee'd off
it's me.

And I understand this, but do you think you are going about it in the
correct way? I read your site, and I can agree with you on **some** of your
points. On every online community I am a part of, your points will hold true
- for the most part, Lugnet is really no different from any other community.
But if Lugnet is so bad, why come back? I am not telling you to go away,
just asking why you returned? Was it to rub yourself (in a manner of
speaking) in peoples faces? Or were you just bored?

On another note I have sent Tim updated images for the memorial site
which have the correct dates.  The image site has also been updated
and no longer looks like a k-mart special on lawn ornaments so I have
in turn removed the link button from my site.  So you see, sometimes
harsh actions do achieve quicker results.

Yes, this is true - VERY unfourtunate, but true. This seems to be the way of
the world these days. But that does not make it the correct thing to do...
understand?? I was kinda scratching my head about that site you linked to
also, but if you take into consideration what he did, usung his tools to
remember him was apporiate. I do not think anybody was trying to make him a
'Lego demigod' or anything, just using his program to pay tribute to him,
very fitting after I thought about it.

-Matthew

Scott C.