 General / 30509
Re: I'm back...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 00:28:08 GMT

Matthew, I remember your response to Jude's post
and found it to be completely without merit.

It was a bit on the scathing side, but then so was the reaction I got,
quite a bit more so in fact.

What did you expect?  I'm not the type of person who believes that totally
uncensored dialogue is more truthful, cut-to-the-chase, or whatever (and
apparently many others here feel the same way).  There are times when it is
appropriate and necessary, especially for the feelings of others, to hold
your comments.

What about the old saying, "Treat others as you wish to be treated."?

I should have mentioned this saying regarding your post to Jude.  Did you
think about his feelings before you posted your denigrating reply?  This is
a two-way street, my friend.   If you want to post whatever unfiltered
thoughts spill out of your head, you better be ready to take the same flames
in return.

Everytime I'm on Lugnet I feel like I need to put on an extra pair of
kid gloves and really baby every person I talk with so as to not throw
them into a paroxysm.

Matthew, it's not a question of "babying" people, it's a question of
politeness and of having respect for the other person's feelings.  Are you
saying that you REALLY wouldn't feel bad AT ALL if I surfed your site and
said that I thought your models were shitty and a waste of bricks?  Come on!
We all feel pain, and it's up to every individual to take that into account
when offering criticism.

Here's hoping you and everyone else will realize some of what I'm
saying truly does have merit and we can strive to come to an equal
ground in the matter...although for me personally I'm not expecting
any miracles.

Your thoughtful response to my post gives me some hope that there can be a
constructive dialogue, but you need to realize that offering uncensored
criticism is most likely not going to open more doors to discussion, it is
more likely close them.  Pissing people off is not the best way to begin a
conversation.

Dave