 General / 30500
Re: I'm back...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 21:57:23 GMT

On Thu, 24 May 2001 20:09:58 GMT, "David Simmons"
<xenobuzz@onemain.com> wrote:

Regarding the website, I see a lot of sour grapes with very little emotional
maturity behind any of it.

You know what's funny about that though is the fact that others in
various groups do not share your views.  I beta test my sites first in
IRC channels, giving people there sneak previews, and all the people
there who were asked about it seemed to feel my writing is very clear,
concise, and has a lot of meaning in it, all of which isn't intended
to be seen so easily.

Matthew, I remember your response to Jude's post
and found it to be completely without merit.

It was a bit on the scathing side, but then so was the reaction I got,
quite a bit more so in fact.

If you can't say anything
nice, it's better for everyone if you can exercise the prudence to keep your
mouth shut.

What about the old saying, "Treat others as you wish to be treated."?

Additionally, I find it quite interesting (and not really surprising) that
you accuse the members of this group of lacking maturity while you continue
to display your high level of disregard for politeness and social etiquette
in this forum.

But that's just it, the Lego community in general, doesn't seem to
understand Inet etiquette.  Someone once said, "newsgroups are the
real world of the Inet", that seems to be something many here don't
understand.  In the real world, if you jump out and present something
that the public doesn't like, you're going to get verbally ripped
apart over it.  A prime example of that is movie critique's.  And
that's the way real life is.  Sometimes there is some rejection,
sometimes people adamantly don't like things you've done and they
won't be afraid to say so.  That's the way the real world works,
that's normally the way newsgroups and Usenet in general works.
Everytime I'm on Lugnet I feel like I need to put on an extra pair of
kid gloves and really baby every person I talk with so as to not throw
them into a paroxysm.

In case you're still wondering, that's the reason you're not
welcome here.

Actually I'm not very welcome here for a variety of reasons, each
seems to be different with the individual.  There are some who don't
mind my presence and even some who enjoy it, but they are not the
majority, and many of them are people who have made a personal
decision to abandon Lugnet.

Here's hoping you take the hint the second time around.

Here's hoping you and everyone else will realize some of what I'm
saying truly does have merit and we can strive to come to an equal
ground in the matter...although for me personally I'm not expecting
any miracles.