 General / 30508
Re: FOTD, or maybe FOTW?... Plus some dark-ages theories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 23:42:21 GMT

Matthew Gerber wrote:
You have hit on a VERY valid point here. There was a time when a kid could
graduate through the LEGO line, so teens using Technic wouldn't feel ashamed
for "playing with toys", and their original sets were just bulk fodder for
their more advanced creations. In this age of license aquisition and
character development, LEGO seems to have forgotten this (see my rant from a
few days ago).

Yea, one wonders what my life would have been like if I was a few years
younger and got to play with the Technic they got at my high school
while I was in college. I was a real sucker for it when Mindstorms came
along and then I discovered Lugnet etc. because I had already looked at
LEGO several times for gaming (but couldn't imagine getting enough to
really use, besides, how would my lead miniatures stand up properly on
all those studs...). Boy, if Steve Jackson had published the Pirate Game
earlier, I would have been sunk long ago, ah well, better get on with
the sinking....

Frank