 General / 30127
Re: Why all the dumping? Re: Bad Policy #2 (Why all the secrecy, LEGO Direct?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 22:40:05 GMT

Hey Marc,

I thought that "yeah some folks got to vent a little", but all in all it was a
pretty civil discussion.  Hey, it could have been a lot worse, but nobody called
Lar a "pompous twit", and Lar and Richard were both in agreement ...... whew
that's scarrrrryyy!  :-)

Trust me, sometimes I feel the same frustration that you have felt with TLC.
Only my frustration goes back to 1986..... and I'm still building!

Gary Istok
"I will allow no one to anger me enough, not even TLC, to put me back into my
Dark Ages"

"Marc Nelson Jr." wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Tony Priestman writes:
Marc,

I'm getting bored now.

You're bored? I have to listen to the endless drumbeat of "like it or lump
it", "you should feel lucky LEGO sells us anything" talk.

Why is that that whenever someone isn't actively attacking LEGO and deriding
everything they do, they get accused of being some kind of cheerleading,
banner-waving drone?

It really gets under my skin sometimes.  Someone out there bitches about
something LEGO is doing, or not doing, and everyone and their dog chimes in.
"Yeah, that stinks."  "LEGO is clueless"  "LEGO is evil and hates their
customers" blah blah blah.

Someone else comes in and says "maybe they're doing that because X", and
everyone jumps on them for being a TLC apologist, and beating the drum, and
all that crap.  (Yes, that is a skewed viewpoint, and not entirely accurate,
but it sure as **** feels like it sometimes.)

James
(...feeling especially grumpy today.  I think I need more coffee.)

To all:

I am truly sorry if I made anyone angry with my comments. I was a little
overwhelmed by the negative response to my complaint. I just got the (maybe
mistaken) feeling from what seemed like everyone that not only is LEGO doing
things THE right way, but to suggest otherwise is insolent. Didn't mean to
make anybody grumpy.

No hard feelings.

-Marc Nelson Jr.