 General / 29691
Re: Another perspective on "legos"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:12:47 GMT

Ya, hey Timmy be careful with those bricks! You'll break a toe!

Or a parent not realizing what their kids are saying!

...OK....(nah could'nt be).....

(drop) BAM! OWWWW!!!! MA!!!! I droped a brick on my Toe!!!! I think it's
broken!!!

(I thought he ment his Lego)......

Now Timmy....you shouldn't be playing with these Bricks, they're heavy!

Go do somthing nice for 6 months like play with your Lego while your feet
heal. That's good Timmy.

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:
While reading through various "It's LEGO, not legos" messages, an odd
thought occurred to me:

Practically speaking, which is more damaging to the LEGO Identity: kids
saying things like "I'm gonna play with my lego(s)" or kids saying things
like "I'm gonna play with my bricks"?

Personally, if I was part of The LEGO Company, I'd rather hear the former
than the latter.  Especially if I was in Marketing or Brand Management.

Steve