 General / 29574
Re: Ugliest Set Ever? (Was Re: Truth in Advertising - an honest man!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:45:06 GMT

To All,

Yes, I did mean Wind Runners.  I type the
wrong number all the time.
What were they thinking when they designed that car?

Who knows. I look at the last few years and wonder what they
were / are / will be thinking.

Time Crusiers Line

Their mystic mountain lab is cool.  Mine is still
assembled, probably always
will be.

Well, based on the ugliest sets ever, I think these are. The
time lab is a hideous looking building.

Insectoids
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/system/space/insectoids

But aren't they supposed to be ugly?

Maybe, but again, based on the premise, ugliest sets ever,
they qualify.

Racers:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/racers

I excluded them for not being building sets.  But yeah,
they are ugly.

Indeed.

The entire line of Town Junior:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/system/town/townjr.

I really like the Bank truck.  The entire line isn't bad,
but most of it
probably is.

Based on previous town sets, compared to Town Junior, these
are rancid dead animals after a few months. Blech!

The Town Junior Aspect of trains now, here is one of the
worst:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4541

What's wrong with it?

It looks bad, it has little pleasing to look at value, and I
could not finish building it. This one is definately my
take, not too be taken by everyone. To each his own.

Based on the premise, I think most of the sets offered now,
for the exception of Star Wars and some of the TECHNIC
lines, are ugly, and have not gone to par in terms of
niceness that older sets seem to have.

Scott S.