 General / 29573
Re: Ugliest Set Ever? (Was Re: Truth in Advertising - an honest man!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:28:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Sanburn writes:
To All,

(Dropped Pirates, as there are many themes, general seems to
fit better)

That's the ugliest Pirates set ever? I thought it was
Forbidden Island. Sure, its a classic, but it
seems poorly designed.
Stairs leading into the ocean????

That's a pretty bad one. This is a heavily depends on your
opinions of sets as well.

Witch's Magic Manor
Fire Chief
Wind Runners (6572 perhaps?)

Yes, I did mean Wind Runners.  I type the wrong number all the time.
What were they thinking when they designed that car?

Alpha Team Bomb Squad
Droid Escape

They are not very good, but there are other stinkers that I
think are worse:

The entire line of the Time Cruisers
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/system/town/timecruisers

Their mystic mountain lab is cool.  Mine is still assembled, probably always
will be.

Insectoids
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/system/space/insectoids

But aren't they supposed to be ugly?

Racers:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/racers

I excluded them for not being building sets.  But yeah, they are ugly.

The entire line of Town Junior:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/system/town/townjr.

I really like the Bank truck.  The entire line isn't bad, but most of it
probably is.

The Town Junior Aspect of trains now, here is one of the
worst:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4541

What's wrong with it?

I am sure I can list a few individual sets, but overall, in
the last few years, the worst seems to be commonplace.

Scott S.