 General / 29455
Re: Alpha Team Sets: Grand Admiral's Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 23:08:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:

snippage...

6774 Alpha Team ATV

The Good:
-Trans Blue Divers Bubble
-Trans Blue Star Wars Canopy
-Flex minifig (hee hee)
-Cam Minifig
-Red hair piece on Cam
-Black 1x6x2 Arches x2

This set has tons of playability. It has the ATV, which pulls a trailer with
the Minisub on it. There's a winch on the ATV which can lower the sub into
the water. There's a springboard thing for Flex to use. I'm not sure what
that's all about, but I can just picture Flex catapulting himself all over
the place while Cam is doing her submarine reconnaissance.

And the Flex figure just cracks me up. :^D

The Bad:
-There's no way for the sub to get off the trailer, but this is a logistical
problem that likely won't bother any kids. :^)

The Ugly:
-1x4 tile with printed controls is one of the least attractive printed tiles
I've seen in a long time. Yecch.

Don't forget the new gray 1x4 piece with the right angle studs in the front
of the ATV. I can see this piece used a bunch of places.

I also like the 4x6 "tub" pieces for cockpits, which will make sturdy craft
bases...

-Cabhammer