 General / 29089
Re: buyer beware? or is it me...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 02:45:36 GMT

Josh Baakko <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GAu1FD.9no@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
The best you can hope for is to return the items for payment.  Ebay fraud • is
a waste of time.  Telling people the bad dealer's name may help others in
the future, although it's doubtful.

I've had the same thing happen more than once, and even from sellers on • Lugnet.

I am actually trying to develop a generic grading system that will work • for
bricks, instructional booklets, and the set boxes (I'm in the middle • stages
of putting it together with descriptions and pictures).  Of course, it • will
only help if everyone comes to use the agreed upon standard, presuming it
can be agreed upon.

BTW, this probably belongs in the marketplace newsgroups, not that I • care...

-- Hop-Frog

I've been lucky with what i've bought (only a 6378), and i was very lucky
indeed, it was only missing 3 parts and i got it for $25 total (from • Aus.),
another one that same week (from canada) went for $35!  Good Deal, but • back
to the subject.

I think we should have some place here on LUGnet for posting bad sellers
from here, E-bay, BrickBay, and Yahoo Auctions (any more?).  The E-bay
ratings system doen't really help, most people don't even look anyways.
Thats my view...

Well, I haven't bought anything MIB on ebay - all of my purchases have been
parts. Note that this includes entire sets, not just parts lots. I generally
e-mail the seller & ask specifically about the parts I'm interested in
before bidding. I've had no problems at all.

HTH

ROSCO