 General / 28928
Re: How much oatmeal have you been eating?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:29:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rose Regner writes:
I had to ask. We just sent off 120 packets in the mail for 5 sets.

I actually have enjoyed the oatmeal for breakfast, Lego helped us
"rediscover" the alternative breakfast.

We will keep eating oatmeal and when we have accumulated another stack of
packets I will send in for some more sets. I was just curious to hear how
much oatmeal people have eaten?

Are you eating the oatmeal to get the Lego or are you like us, eating the
oatmeal and getting the Lego on the side.

Rose

I eat those little oatmeal packets every day, but I can't get the LEGO because
I live in Canada and the promotion doesn't seem to be here.  Whenever Quaker
oatmeal does a LEGO promotion in Canada, it's a lame conest to win some set
that I could buy at Zellers (and once the chance to give a new dinosaur species
an INFORMAL NICKNAME), never an exclusive promotional set (and never even a
guarantee that you'll get anything!)  Looks like a neat little set, with some
parts in new colours.   Why shouldn't I be able to own one?

I'm going to have to write to them about this.