 General / 28621
Re: One more scanned ad from 1961 uploaded
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 20:57:31 GMT

Gary,

Thank you for your info, too.

I am very happy that so many people have shown appreciation of my scans. I hope I'll get the time to rescan some now
that my scanning skills have improved.

Like I said in the dear-lego group, eBay prices for the classic windows are rediculously high. Oh how I wish LEGO could
relaunch all classic windows!

I only have one town plan (it should be American), and it's in poor condition. :o(

/Tore

Gary Istok wrote:

Thanks for the info Tore.  I have your website in my website bookmarks.  I really love the Swedish
advertisements.  There are 2 different Town Plan layouts that I can add to the USA/Canada, UK, and
German Town Plan layouts.  I think that there are about 10 different that I now have identified.  And
in one of the 1969 ad pages are those black 1x2x2 and 1x4x2 windows, as well as the 1x2x3 black
classic door.  I think that these were only produced as prototypes to give the appearance of
nighttime for the Lego display of lighting bricks with names.  But boy don't we all wish we had those
windows/doors (hint hint for LD!!).

And because of your website, we can identify that the #238 International Building Idea book first
came out in November 1960, making it the earliest of all Lego idea books.  I was luck to find a USA
Samsonite version, as well as a copy of the International version of this book (in addition to the
German one I already owned).  And your fellow Swede Anders Isaksson had displayed a Swedish version
of this book.

I have a color copy of your earliest ad with the boy yelling "TITTA!" saved away in my collection of
old LEGO items.

Thanks again for sharing these historic Lego ads Tore!!!

Gary Istok

Tore Eriksson wrote:

Today, I recieved the final missing issues of the Swedish Disney Comics of year 1961.
There was one more LEGO ad so I scanned it and uploaded to brickshelf.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=simlego

Nothing revolutionary:
* Basic set
* Aeroplane
* Boat(-s?)
* Town Plan
* Accessory sets 218, 224, 280

I plan to move all scanned ads to there when time provides, but so far, you can find the rest at:
http://www.geocities.com/simlego/scans.htm

--
Tore Eriksson
Sweden