 General / 2858
2857  |  2859
Subject:
Oh CANADA.... S@H weekly specials begin!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:46:47 GMT

Finally the Great White North is trying the S@H weekly special.  I was
making orders today and when I was finished my operator started to explain
what a "weekly special" was.  She was a little surprised at my exuberance to
a plan she hadn't finished explaining :)

I understand that earlier this week there was another set that sold out
quite quickly so they decided to put another one (6599) in the specials;
this was only for the first week.  I explained that if they made this a
habit that they would be inundated with daily calls to get the latest "Daily
Specials".

We (Canada) are starting small and will see how it goes.  For now there will
be two sets (one from Duplo and one from regular theme Lego).  It will be
the same system as in the states, you phone and ask what the specials are.
The specials are updated weekly on Monday.

So with extreme happiness... the CANADIAN Shop at Home Weekly specials for
the week of Feb 22-27:

Town / Divers:
6599    Shark Attack            $16.50    $8.25

DUPLO / Zoo:
2659    Baby Animals            $12.50    $6.25

LINC
Ps both sets are almost gone, and in candian dollars <big grin>