 General / 28318
Re: This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:30:46 GMT

Which reminds me...

"Screams erupted at a nearby hotel, where Microsoft founder Bill Gates
was addressing an education and technology conference. He was whisked
away as his audience bolted for the exits.  Some people were knocked
down by others trying to get out and overhead lights fell to the floor."

This was not related to the earthquake in any way, however.

;)
Quoting out of context from:
http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/02/28/quake.eyewitness/

Jeff
P.S.  I'm very glad nobody seems to have been killed; somewhat suprising (to
me, at least) considering the amount of damage and the strength of the quake...

In lugnet.general, Tony Hafner writes:
As many of you know by now, an earthquake shook the US Pacific Northwest
region today.

I don't know how bad the damage has been around the region, but nobody in
the immediate vicinity was hurt (that I know of). But the Lego citizenry
weren't quite so lucky...

Here's a page that I just tossed together.  I wish I'd had access to a
better camera at the time, and a chance to take a few more shots from around
the building.

http://www.hafhead.com/lego/quake/index.html

--
Tony Hafner