 General / 2831
Re: TLG investigation 1st answers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:13:47 GMT

Jim Wissner wrote:
For example,
a 63 Corvette is much nicer than a '90s Corvette, in my opinion.  But does this
mean that Chevrolet should keep cranking out old cars?

Right. BUT, to work the car analogy a bit more: Both Chrysler and Ford
are bringing out new models that recapture some of what the older models
had. The Prowler is a huge flashback to the hotrods of the 50s. The PT
Cruiser harks back to prewar cars. And Ford is bringing out a new T-Bird
that is a throwback to the original T-Bird, portholes on the side of the
roof and all. None of these are cheap, either. They will be high profit
models for the makers.

The lesson here is that many Baby Boomers want what they had as kids, at
any cost. This is true for LEGO as well. We want the great sets we could
not afford then rather than the stuff TLG is putting out now. So TLG
could make a bit on well designed sets in the older style without
reissuing stuff per se.

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.