 General / 28260
  This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!

As many of you know by now, an earthquake shook the US Pacific Northwest region today. I don't know how bad the damage has been around the region, but nobody in the immediate vicinity was hurt (that I know of). But the Lego citizenry weren't quite (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build) !

  Re: This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!

(...) KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!

(...) Um, actually no- I store a spare there. I meant to point that out on the page, but forgot in my hurry to get the page up. However, a number of monitors (at least 5 that I know of) did fall off of desks and stands. I didn't see any that had (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!

To Tony and all, (...) one (...) Well, I am glad that most people came out OK by this, and that a few minor mishaps occurred. And it is always fun to say, well, boss, I had to fix the damage to my desk, I am not just playing with LEGO! : ) Scott S. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!

Reposting- I forgot to include Seattle and SeaLUG. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Re: This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!

(...) I was driving home this afternoon, fully expecting to see all my bricks spread across the floor, but apparently this section of Everett didn't see much shakin'. Hooray! ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!

(...) Fortunatly I have a plexiglass display case built right into the side of my cubicle wall, thereby protecting all of my small MOCs that I bring to work. My boss thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread was invented. ~Trev Astro Lift Co. (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: This just in- earthquake knocks ABS to the ground!

Which reminds me... "Screams erupted at a nearby hotel, where Microsoft founder Bill Gates was addressing an education and technology conference. He was whisked away as his audience bolted for the exits. Some people were knocked down by others (...) (23 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.general)