 General / 2818
Re: TLG investigation 1st answers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:36:45 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
Jeroen Ottens writes:
Hi everybody,

It seems I have forgotten one point on the list:
- AFOL's spend their money on auctions instead of TLG products.

I missed the original post where Jeroen seems to have said this.  I have
bought 3 or 4 sets in auctions, and perhaps over two hundred bought from
stores or SAH directly.

Jeroen, if you think expanding parts packs will cut into set sales, consider
this: I have bought about 150 gray brick packs, 30 black brick packs, 30 red
roof brick packs, 10 black roof brick packs and 5 green brick packs over the
years.  If an arch pack was available I would buy probably 40 or 50 over
time.  The same for medival architectural elements such as octagonal pillars
and arched window inserts.

Matthew Verdier

"You can't just say you're King because some watery tart threw a sword at
you"
Dennis, 700 AD

http://www.GeoCities.com/CapeCanaveral/2738/mjvlego.html