 General / 2800
Re: TLG investigation 1st answers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 04:01:34 GMT

Jeroen Ottens writes:
Hi everybody,

It seems I have forgotten one point on the list:
- AFOL's spend their money on auctions instead of TLG products.

But not entirely. Some AFOL's might participate in auctions to be theme
complete, but others also do it for the parts. Some parts are no longer
available at all or in the color I want.

Please remember, I am only a designer at Futura. I am not a high placed
marketing guy. It will take me loads of effort to achieve anything. I am
glad some of you (thanks Jim) acknowledge that.
Things do move. The fact that I am not doing this investigation on my own
initiative (although it happened to be very welcome by me), but that I have
an official request from my boss for this seems a clear signal to me.
But remember changing the way a whole company thinks takes some time.

It sounds like you work where I do :)  We have two speeds: slow, and stop.

Let me say thanks again, and secondly, that most of knew that if anyone did
divulge the fact that they worked for TLG, they would be beset (besieged?)
with opinions and comments. We should have had a pool going as to which
calendar day it was going to be that you showed up :)