 General / 28144
Re: 2x2 clear plate!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:56:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:

Sonnich Jensen wrote:

I think they also where in the moon rocket (Rocket base, #358). I have this
set but whit incomplete instructions (guess which part!) and I only have a
few of these plates. I think it uses 5 or 6 of then.

Sonnich

Josh Baakko <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hey, I just found a 2x2 clear plate (yes in lego), in my collection, can
anyone tell me what set its in?
Josh

The set with the most 2x2 clear plates was #520.  This 1963-66 parts pack set,
came in these colors:  red, white, blue, black, gray, clear, and in 1965 it
came out in yellow (in the USA/Canada it also came out in green in 1963).  The
small box set, had approximately 40 of the 2x2 plates (I'll have to go home
tonight and count).  Here is the cover of the 1963 brochure (which also shows
the 518, 519 and 521 plate packs):

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0520/0520-01.html

These parts packs also came in the hard clear plastic boxes with an 8x11 gray
plate.  This version was part of the 1963-66 architectural series of sets (750,
751, 752), which had dozens of the clear plates, in the 4 sizes shown on the
link.

If ever there were old parts packs that should be reinstated by Lego Direct,
then these would be the ones!

Gary Istok

Hey, the 1x2 & 1x1 pack in clear would be great too!  I'm still looking for
1x2 & 1x1's in clear!
Josh