 General / 27977
Re: LEGO at McDonald's, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:38:51 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Raymond Flournoy writes:
Hi all,

According to Camille's Corner Fast Food News website, McDonld's will be
having a LEGO/Diva Starz Happy Meal promo from 8/31/01 to 9/27/01.  Here is
a link to the rumors page:

    http://members.aol.com/booneclan/RumorCentral.html

It is a little sad to see that LEGO has been matched up with Diva Starz in
an obvious boy-toy/girl-toy pairing, as they do with Barbie and Hot Wheels.
Ah well.

--Raymond Flournoy
flournoy@post.harvard.edu
ray.flournoy@amikai.com

The boy-toy/girl-toy pairing is even more discouraging than I thought. I had
heard of Diva Starz but not known any background so looked it up on the net.
Seems to be teenage girls learning how to hang out in the mall and shop for
fashions. So girls will learn how to shop at the mall while boys will learn
how to build and create with Lego.

Gail Olmstead
(Gail Storm)