 General / 27907
    (canceled) —Amy Hughes

        Re: contest voting mechanism —Amy Hughes
     (...) I could also use cookies to make sure that each computer was used for voting just once. There are ways to cheat this, too, and it may prevent a couple legitimate votes (e.g. family votes), but no system is perfect. This would prevent an AOL (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.town)

         Re: contest voting mechanism —Jacob Sparre Andersen
     Amy: (...) Generally e-mail authentication is a useful method, but there are some of us who have "a few" addresses (on different domains of course ;-). Having an annoying sense of what is right and wrong, I am afraid I might not use the possibility (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests)

        Re: contest voting mechanism —Kevin Wilson
   Amy Hughes wrote in message ... (...) voting, I (...) I think a common, as un-spoofable as possible, voting system that we could all use for contests would be great. It'll take some discussion of required features etc though, before starting. Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.town)