 General / 27630
Re: Huge lots?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:49:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, John D. Forinash writes:
In article <G8I878.9LC@lugnet.com>, Adrian Drake <tremor@apk.net> wrote:
Huge is a word, like RARE!!!! used in ebay auctions to get your attention.
I rarely believe it.

As an aside, I once did a search on "rare" on ebay once.

Almost 1/2 of their listings had the word "rare" in them. Over 1/3 were
rare! (or rare!!, or rare-with-even-more-!s) that day.

I wonder where people auction the not-so-rare Lego? I can't afford the
rare stuff...

-JDF

There was a lot up about a month ago, the title was something like "A bunch
of legos" so I looked.  THere were a couple of pics of legos dumped into a
pile on the floor, and there in the top of one of the pictures all the way
in the back was a blue 1x4 brick with white printing on it, couldn't make it
out though.  I put in an unreasonable bid and won the lot for $40 or so plus
shipping.  I'm two 1x4 blue grill bricks short of another Galaxy Explorer.  :)

(junior)