 General / 27629
Re: Huge lots?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 20:16:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler writes:
What constitutes a "huge" lot?  I just looked at a so-called "huge lot of
LEGO fences" that included 8 pieces.  To me, and I may be way out of line
here, a "huge lot" indicates more than a small handful of bricks.  Is there
a consensus, or do you suppose sellers are offering "huge" lots in the same
way that Lego is offering "bulk" sales?

Lightheartedly, but sort of serious nonetheless,

    Dave!

I think the word "huge" is a very relative term when applied to eBay. I have
been searching lots for quite a while now, and have often been brought up
short with the "huge lot of pieces" finding the lot has 15 pieces. Here are
some 'daffynitions' for  terms used by sellers - I'm sure more can be added ;-).

Huge - all that could be found
Rare - found only one
Old - forgot where it came from
Vintage - anything from the 90's back (starting at '99)
Tons - at least a pound
Bulk - more than 6
Too many to count - more than 101
MIB - the box was found
Unopened MISB - can you say 'redundant'
Complete - according to the instructions found on Brickshelf (which aren't
included, neither are the stickers)
LEGO - anything resembling however remotely, and sometimes not even
remotely, the best building toy in the world - I'm constantly amazed at just
how much stuff LEGO has produced ;-).

Wayne