 General / 2755
Re: TLG investigation 1st answers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:47:13 GMT

Matthew Bates writes:
Jim Wissner writes:
Re: peoples attitudes here
Having only been following lugnet for a few months now, I hate to make • enemies
so soon... but I just have to comment. It is striking how bitter the tone is
from the majority of people here

I think you might be mistaking 'bitterness' for a pent up desire for many
people here to express their feelings to Lego, and someone just opened a crack
in the door. Do you expect us to sit here on our hands and not say anything
that might be construed as critisism?

Matt

Of course I don't expect that.  I stated "bitterness in tone".  What I meant
was that some of this frustration with TLG, much of which - please
make no mistake - is clearly justified, could come across better if it were
phrased in a less hostile manner.  You are exactly right - it is as if
floodgates have been opened, and that doesn't always make for the most
well-conceived postings.  Some of this "this sucks and kids are dumber nowadays
and TLG is wacked out about x, y and z" is more likely to be ignored as noise
by TLG, at least that's my guess.

Again, *I'm not disagreeing with the basic points*, at least largely.  I
empathize with the situation.  I get bummed out looking at the sets
currently on the shelves.  It's the way in which some of these points are
worded that seems weird to me.  It's like when you are in an argument with your
SO.  "And another thing... !!"  It's not necessarily always the best thing to
react so emotionally.

Best regards,
Jim

PS  I reserve the right to be embarrasingly, completely wrong (and a little
ugly on the side;)