 General / 27203
27202  |  27204
Subject:
Search Syntax Help Needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:54:38 GMT

I need help searching through articles on LUGNET!!

How do I specify that I want to search for an exact phrase?  Do I enclose the
phrase in quotes or parentheses?  Something else?

Can I look up articles by specifying a date?  If so, how do I do that?  I've
found using >2000 will limit my search to articles written after 2000...any
examples of how to look up specific dates or date ranges?

Can I search for a post by the author's name?

I lost and confused...please help.

BTW, a link to search stategies from the main LUGNET page would help out those
of us who don't come by this sort of thing naturally :)

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu