 General / 272
  Re: Cancel and supersedes

(...) Say you've posted an article, and you find that you've written something incorrect. What do you do? Well, you can cancel the article and post a new one, or you can supersede the incorrect article with a new one, which is a tad more simple. (...) (26 years ago, 23-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cancel and supersedes

(...) Or you can just post a follow-up which says, "Oops, I goofed. Here's the correction." Which would be the more proper approach, if more than a trivial amount of time has passed since the erroneous posting. I've not used either cancel or (...) (26 years ago, 26-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)