 General / 272
Re: Cancel and supersedes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 17:27:14 GMT

sarah@eskimo.com (Perhaps a Princess...) writes:

What is a supersede?

Say you've posted an article, and you find that you've written something
incorrect.  What do you do?  Well, you can cancel the article and post a
new one, or you can supersede the incorrect article with a new one,
which is a tad more simple.

Check out the "Supersedes" header field in <m3btn3e9j1.fsf@sade.uio.no>.
Most real newsreaders should support superseding.

Fredrik