 General / 27064
Re: LEGO in movies--
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:42:10 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.general, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
A while back someone was collecting references to LEGO in movies.  Well, I • have
a rather obscure one....

I was watching my DVD of "American Movie" the other night, and I noticed that
in one of the deleted scenes, Mark Borchardt's son is playing with a LEGO
airplane.  I didn't immediately recognise it as being a set, although the
construction looked a little advanced for how old the boy is.  It's a black
plane with two tailfins, and as the scence was filmed in 1996 or 1997, it • would
probably be from around then.

Anyway, there's one for you.

eric

Would that be <set:1687> Midnight Transport?

I thought it would be the drug runner set too, but a closer shot of the kid
revealed that the plane *seemed* to have two seperate rear fuselages (I don't
know any other way to put it) kind of like the P-38 Lightning:

http://www.usaf.com/products/vid024.htm

Could it be the airplane from Gator Landing Set (the other set where
brown packages and money are exchanged..:-)?

Selçuk

I guess he could have modified it, but if he did, the kid is a pretty good
builder for his age. :D

I could also be wrong abot what I thought I saw, though... perhaps a closer
look is needed.

eric