 General / 27028
Re: X-Large Gray Baseplates?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:32:32 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David Zorn writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Craig Livingston writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Andy Lynch writes:
Anyone know where is the best place to buy the extra large gray baseplates?

I bought 2 at Zainy Brainy a few weeks ago, but they don't have any in stock
yet, and I refuse to pay $15 each for them at Toys 'R' Us.

-Andy Lynch
Etoys.com currently has them for $9. Here's the link:

http://www.etoys.com/prod/toy/50169281

- Craig Livingston

Etoys is the best deal I found so far.

At $10 for 225 sq. in. the x-large greys are a better deal per sq. in. than
the 100 sq. in. large blues or greens for $5. But is the smaller size maybe
better because it is more flexible in terms of use?

David Zorn

The "big greys" are often use as the source for "custom" sized baseplates
particularly for roofs and floors. But this involves one of the four deadly
sins of LEGO:

            mixing (non-LEGO)
            cutting
            gluing