 General / 26697
Re: What Happens To Returned Legos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:57:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:
I've seen many sets at the Outlet store that appeared to come from store
returns.  I suspect this is what happens to all of them.  It's probably
different from an accounting perspective to dump out a box before it's been
shipped to any customer (spoiled product) and to dump out returns from vendors.
(charge backs).

KL

Over the past several years, I have had a *few* store employees tell me that
they can return unsold Lego back to TLC. I seem to recall that something was
said about qty, but I can't remember the exact phrase. Like I think they can
return a few, but not an entire depts worth of Lego.

I wonder what kind of value credit TLC gives them (full vs partial). Might
explain why so many retailers are reluctant to go with deeper reductions thus
far.

Ray