 General / 26694
Re: What Happens To Returned Legos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:22:44 GMT

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:G7BrsF.CDr@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:

They do not resell them, instead LEGO buys them back and puts them into large
boxes called K8's.  They use these boxes for play area LEGO at events around • the
country.  That's what I understand happens to the returned LEGO.  At • Brickfest,
LEGO Direct sent a few K8 bins out for us to play with, what a treat! :)

Do they?  I thought K8's were created from manufacturing overstock, and • spoiled
boxes at the factory/warehouse.

Well, that's what I understood from a couple people at Brickfest, I forget who
said that though.  IIRC they were people who arranged with LEGO Direct to get
the K8s, or employees of the store (I forget).  I've never heard anyone correct
me on that either, so I'm assuming its correct.

I've seen many sets at the Outlet store that appeared to come from store
returns.  I suspect this is what happens to all of them.  It's probably
different from an accounting perspective to dump out a box before it's been
shipped to any customer (spoiled product) and to dump out returns from • vendors.
(charge backs).

Sounds about right.

-Tim