 General / 26358
Re: Microsoft and LEGO Company Announce a Shared Dream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:07:02 GMT

In article <G70uxx.Ex2@lugnet.com>,
Mike Petrucelli <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote:
Seriously though don't give them any ideas.  Lord knows they will come up with
enough bad ones on their own.  Although, if Lego has to meet Microsoft's
standards for computer games that would be a very  positive thing.  How cool
would Age of Lego Empires or Midtown Lego Madness be.  The skeptic in me highly
doubts something good like that.

On this token, we should also note that the bulk of Microsoft's entertainment
software is not produced in-house, and I suspect a joint venture with Lego
would fall into the Entertainment category (or, bizarrely enough, hardware;
the bulk of Microsoft hardware isn't bad either. Note it's not done in-house
either...) Simply having a joint venture with Microsoft does not mean all
our Legos will begin to crash and hang, or even that the joint venture
products are doomed to do the same or otherwise suck. That's not to say I
won't be repainting one of my computer screen pieces blue...

It is, on the other hand, sad that I feel a need to mention this. If all
the best stuff with Lego's name on it was produced by a company other than
Lego, would there even _be_ a LUGNET?

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <