 General / 26350
Re: Microsoft and LEGO Company Announce a Shared Doom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 07:38:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:

Will I be able to buy LEGO online if I don't run a Microsoft operating system
and don't use a Microsoft web browser?

I wondered this the other day when I was testing S@H online. There is
actually a lot of boilerplate Javascript in their S@H pages, determining NS4
or IE4, and a flag for Mac (that I didn't see again) but it shows they were
following some guidelines.

S@H Javascript seems to have "Please wait menus are loading" on all sorts of
platforms. Boy am I glad I got the S@H catalog in the mail this week. Glossy
paper ROCKS. Mmmwah!

I still have not tried the Mosaic Mac-hack. Any takers? You edit your
browser to say you're really Windows. I heard it worked for Linux.

Tidbits:

An employee in Microsoft's Mac division made a juicy comment today about Mac
OS X, and Microsoft's commitment to shipping Office, Exchange Client, and
such for it: "I'm sure Mac OS X has some of our  employees sweating." (Could
also be describing intramural volleyball.)

(Not that I have any love for 10 ...)

Today's MacWorld had a page about Robolab and NQC. The current MacAddict had
a negative review of Lego Friends for Mac or whatever it was. We Mac folk
are inclined to get excited about small buzz.