 General / 26206
Re: Starting over
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:26:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Felipe G. Coury writes:

I used to be a "LEGOholic" since I was 8. In every special occasion
(birthday, xmas, ...) I always wanted to win LEGOs. I had a preference for
LEGOLAND SPACE. My collection was at a good stage (I had aproximatedly 3,000
pieces) when I lost my interest. So, I left my collection at my old house
when we moved (about 5 years ago). Now I regret it so badly, I wish I never
did that. But what can we do, that's life...

Many people have a similar story... if you read Lugnet enough, you will see
people refer to their "Dark Ages"- this is the time between when they stopped
playing with LEGO as a child and started building again as an adult.  It
varies in length from person to person, but it is common.

Can you advice me about International acquisitions of LEGO (even used). I
visited BrickBay and eBay for LEGO auctions. What more is out there?

Well, many online stores have LEGO, and often at a discount.  One thing you can
find here on Lugnet is the Brickwise shopping report, which looks at some
online stores and checks the price against the "normal" price, and rates them
by discount.  You can generally find some very discounted sets that way.

You can also try places like The Vault
(http://www.insidethevault.com/default.htm) which has many older sets, and
Sanburn Systems (http://www.sanburnsystems.com/) which has parts for sale.

Is
there any chance to get LEGO pieces for free or such?

Ha!  If you find a way, be sure to tell the rest of us, you'll be a very
popular guy! :D

Best regards for all of you from a new member,

Welcome, by the way!  Be sure to keep us updated.

eric