 General / 26211
Re: Starting over
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:26:13 GMT

about 5 years ago i did the same thing,
just accquire slowly and sooner than you know it
you'll be back to a full strength lego collection

and then you can build, build, build!

and even put up a website to show us all what you do...

welcome back
-paul

In lugnet.general, Felipe G. Coury writes:
Dear Friends,

This is my first post and it's also a request for directions.

I used to be a "LEGOholic" since I was 8. In every special occasion
(birthday, xmas, ...) I always wanted to win LEGOs. I had a preference for
LEGOLAND SPACE. My collection was at a good stage (I had aproximatedly 3,000
pieces) when I lost my interest. So, I left my collection at my old house
when we moved (about 5 years ago). Now I regret it so badly, I wish I never
did that. But what can we do, that's life...

So, the other day I started to surf the Net for no good reason when I found
the LEGO website. Man, I must confess that I had a surprise feeling. Where
was all that LEGOLAND SPACE and such series? All I could see was TECHNIC,
MINDSTORM and such. Then I tought: "I have to update myself". And so I did,
I went to the nearest toy store and then I really got shocked: the prices of
that MINDSTORM set! It was about R$ 599,00 (or about USD 299,00). Then I saw
what came with the set and became more calm. So, yesterday I went to the
mall and buyed two small sets in order to restart my collection. I bought
sets #7128 (STARWARS) and #6463 (SYSTEM). I felt like it was all comming
back, I felt so nice! Man, I think I am addicted again! I can't stop surfing
on the LEGO sites and planning the new models I'll buy.

Can you advice me about International acquisitions of LEGO (even used). I
visited BrickBay and eBay for LEGO auctions. What more is out there? Is
there any chance to get LEGO pieces for free or such? (BTW, I live in
Brazil).

Best regards for all of you from a new member,

--
Felipe G. Coury
Gerente de Desenvolvimento

Visite o GuiaBrasil.Net: