 General / 26187
26186  |  26188
Subject:
AWESOME way to cut a baseplate!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:32:37 GMT

     I just discovered a great way to cut a Lego baseplate!  For Xmas
my parents gave me a 12" Fiskars Rotary paper cutter.  (Originally
intended for cutting out images I print on photo paper) It is like a
standard paper cutter except instead of that scary looking blade that
is hinged, it has a rail on which a rolling pizza cutter style blade
can travel.  I made about 5 very hard passes on the baseplate with the
cutter, stud side up.  It was then very easy to snap the baseplate on
the scored line.  All that's left to do now is trim the corners round
to match the others.  The cut edge did turn white where I snapped it,
but that can be remedied easily enough by running a knife carefully
down the edge.  (I used a letter opener)

Thomas