 General / 25940
Re: police MOCs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:30:51 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jeff Johnston writes:

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Has anyone made any police MOCs? I have seen lots of fire MOCs but not
many police MOCs, why is that?

My guess? Because fire departments have these big, cool trucks with lots
of variation and interesting detail on them - ladder trucks, pumpers,
etc.  Police departments, on the other hand,  mostly have a bunch of
identical cars that probably aren't that interesting to build.

A good place to see quite a variation in police vehicles is in NYC.  The
NYPD uses many different vehicles for law enforcement.  Also, while the NYPD
do by large numbers of the same cruisers, they add different accessories to
the vehicles to make each one look different.