 Town / 2000
Re: police MOCs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 04:20:30 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Wilson writes:

Jeff Johnston wrote:

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Has anyone made any police MOCs? I have seen lots of fire MOCs but not
many police MOCs, why is that?

My guess? Because fire departments have these big, cool trucks with lots
of variation and interesting detail on them - ladder trucks, pumpers,
etc.  Police departments, on the other hand,  mostly have a bunch of
identical cars that probably aren't that interesting to build.

I agree on this (with the statement, I mean I do like Police things.  My
father is a policeman and I have been interested in Police things since I
was a little child.  A police pickup was even my first Lego set.)
Police have police cars (several types at least on the bill they do), • Hard to make many different types of sedans though.
paddy wagons, • Those are fun to build.
those vans that they use in raids, • Just a paddy wagon without bars on the windows.
police helicopters, • Not that many people do fire helicopters though.
police boats, • Quasi-military, very nice boats can be made.
police airplanes, • They are just regular planes with police markings.
police stations, • buildings are always nice.
motorbike cops etc.
Yes, but if you weren't fortunate enough to pickup two-wheeled motorcycles
while they were still made, you're out of luck (because I refuse to put
police on a three wheeled ATV!)
Not
to mention the detectives/CID which have all of their own equipment...
Equipment? It's the same as the marked units, but in all one color and no
light bars or markings.  To me, that is the best part of a police car.

You forget about offroad vehicles and commercial enforcement vehicles
(pickups and SUV's).  In some cities, the police departments run ambulance
services, some own tow trucks, and you forgot one of the biggest vehicles
Police agencies have, Mobile Command Posts.

Anyway, you bring up a good point about the lack of Police MOC's built.  I
only wish I had access to a scanner or digital camera that I could use and
show you some of the Police stuff I have built.  Oh well, that's for another
day I guess.

Kyle Henneberque