 General / 2587
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:03:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, mkock@#nospam#tulip.com (Mark de Kock) writes:
[...]
Don't know any real-life clubs, but I think of Lugnet as a GlobalLegoClub

Are they real-life based or virtual (internet) based?
How big are the clubs?

Probably more than 1000 readers. Todd ?

It's impossible to know for sure, but I'd suppose there are somewhere
between 1,500 and 3,000 total readers, all things considered (that is,
lurkers and overlap between known sets of people due to multiple e-mail
addresses).

Some details:  ~700 different people have completed the news-posting setup
<http://www.lugnet.com/news/post/setup/> and another ~200 subscribe via
e-mail <http://www.lugnet.com/news/mail/> and another ~700 subscribe to the
lugnet.robotics newsgroup).  There are also ~1000 people on the AucZILLA
mailing list, many of whom have not participated here yet as far as I know,
so those are a few more LEGO fans who may eventually appear.

The total number of unique IP addresses hitting the website in January was
41,319.  There's really no way to tell how inflated that number is due to
dynamic IP addresses (where one person shows up under a variety of IP
addresses over time) and HTTP proxy servers (where multiple people show up
under a single IP address), but I would suppose that somewhere between 4,000
and 15,000 different people use the website in one way or another.

The total number of unique IP addresses hitting the website since last
August is 172,158 with an average of 65.4 HTTP requests per IP address.

--Todd