 General / 25661
Re: Large Technic Turntables?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:53:17 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

In lugnet.general, Andrew Lipson writes:

Dave Schuler wrote:

What is the least expensive means of acquiring a few of these?  Are they
still available via Dacta?

     Dave!

Santa got a pack of two of them for me from Dacta. It cost him about
$10.
Shipping costs seems to be $6.00 pretty much independent of how much
you buy, so it's worth getting quite a lot of stuff at once - just like
Santa did ;-)

  Nifty!  Did Santa indicate the product number or category?  I did some
browsing of the Dacta site, but the turntables didn't leap out at me.

Santa says...

In the catalogue it's "Large turntables D779876". I think online you
have to replace the D with a W.

In case you don't know, it's

     http://www.pitsco-legodacta-store.com

From there, you click on the "spare parts" link at the bottom of the
page,
then "LEGO Dacta spare parts", then "Miscellaneous", and finally "Large
Turntables". Hmm, yes. Online, it's "W779876". Get 'em while they're
hot.

I should say that these turntables are Lt Gray, unlike the one which
comes in the Technic Shuttle, which is black. This matters not at all
to me, but might to you. And it seems to affect the prices on Brickbay,
though they're insane anyway.

The catalogue also says you can order by phone at 1-800-362-4308, but
I've never tried that.