 General / 2551
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 04:37:25 GMT

Greg Bevington wrote:

I think that allthough I am the youngest lugnet user (I think, 13 years old)
that I and many others would prefer to join if the following was done:
Membership cards and Certificates

Agreed - ESPECIALLY an ID card that is nice thick plastic like a credit
card.
Like the Legoland CA Primo Pass I'l be picking up Mar 14 at the preview
opening ;-)

A FULL sized qaurterly magazine (as opposed to the *pathetic* lego mania
magazine)

Agreed

Member discounts on shop@home and stores (the latter is probably much less
likely)

AGREED

Bulk orders of peices for the actual price they cost to produce (we would all
be able to afford thousands then) for members only.

NOT AGREED.  They would have no incentive to do this if there were no
profit.
A small profit is understandable, and if they sold direct to us, even with
profit
added in, we would save tons of money, as the 100%+ markup of running
through the
distribution channel would never happen.

Putting old sets (from classic space to explopriens) back into production.

Agreed, but in different colors (wouldn't you LOVE to see many of the
Classic
Space released in BT1 colors?).  Not as practical as we might think, many
of the
older molds would have to be reproduced.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/