 General / 25176
Re: LEGO on 'Malcolm in the Middle'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:25:51 GMT

The Lego folks probably loved it until  this line came up.

(paraphrasing it as best I can remember)
Father:  I think we need a school.
Little Boy:  We don't need schools in my society.
Father:  Oh, a utopian society, how do people learn?
Little Boy:  All the stupid people a ground up and turned into food for the
other people.
Father:  Oh, a cannabalistic utopian society...

There was a lot of Lego used though, there had to be 10,000 bricks and there
were a lot of elements from castle sets and I saw quite a bit of town to.
All the stuff looked current though, so they must have bought it all new
rather than getting it from the prop warehouse.

Matt

In lugnet.general, Christopher Tracey writes:
Tonight's episode of Malcolm in the Middle features LEGO and a few other
construction toy brands in a couple scenes.  The Dad and Dewey are
building a utopian society.  I saw King Leo's Fortress and  the Highway
Construction Set, but most of it was original creations.

There's a funny reference to how projects can go overboard on cost.

-chris