 General / 25130
Re: Mega Bloks set found in Mania magazine!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 23:49:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Timothy Jones writes:
Hello,
In the Nov/Dec Mania magazine, on page 18, is the "You Can Build It"
section. On this page is featured a "Helioraptor."

In the picture of the boy who inspired the model, I noticed something about
the model he is holding. It is definitely Mega Bloks set 9740 Night Copter!
There is no doubt about it; I know exactly what the set looks like, since I
own it.

Has TLC gone so far that they would not recognize the trans-yellow and neon
green pieces which are different from LEGO? What's worse is, they give away
a LEGO set up to $100 value to winners who have their models featured in
"You Can Build It." They gave away an expensive set to a boy who had a Mega
Bloks set photographed and sent in.

Where are you, Timothy?  My copy features a 6-year old boy named David from
Ontario proudly holding his authentic LEGO helicopter, definately an alternate
model of Anakin's Podracer.  It's a brilliant little model, and
deserves the prize.  Is this whole "You inspired us to design this.." a scam?
Do they just build a set, sort through the photos to find similar stuff, and
send you the one closest to where you live?  That's really disappointing.