 General / 24985
Re: Anyone else notice this quote?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:14:13 GMT

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Then tried to argue that it might
be possible. Wishful thinking again.

I suppose that today I feel like a dreamer!  :-)

The process of them putting together a pack that consists of 'any' brick in
'any' quantity is just not cost effective. People would be expensive,
investment in robotics would be expensive.

It seems to me that they already have many of these systems in place
to a certain extent.  They are just not being used as effectively and
efficiently as possible.  Add to the mix the prices that AFOLs are
willing to pay to get *exactly* the stuff they want, and I don't think
the gap is as far as you think.

BUT, I wish it was true too!

We shall see, we shall see.  Once a dreamer, always a dreamer.

Robin