 General / 24952
24951  |  24953
Subject:
It's...The New Colour Thread!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:23:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Maggie Cambron writes:

What I still can't understand though, is how a group of such smart people can
have so much trouble with a word like verdigris!

  Verdigris?  Didn't he do the soundtrack to 'Chariots of Fire?'

  I actually like that a lot.  So what do we call the LoM grey-pink--
  rouxigris?  :)  (I still prefer 'lava soap green' and 'dish soap pink,'
  in spite of the lure of verdigris.)

I like verdigris as a color name but given that TLC has introduced several
colors now with the saturation value turned way down (blue-gray and
red/pink-gray) perhaps we should give up and go to their names (sand-green,
sand-blue and sand-red??) or the more accurate ones using gray as modifiers

gray-green, gray-blue and gray-red would be my proposed names.

   Is it only these three colours that have been introduced?
   (Note new Subject: line, I'm hoping to drag folks in).  Is
   there also a grey-purple, or is that the Scala colour?  Have
   we got an OFFICIAL listing of all new colours yet, or does it
   look like there will be more in later 2001 releases (e.g.
   Bionicle)?

   I'd be in favour of a 'nomenclatural' method designed to keep
   it all orthodox, but *man* is verdigris an excellent name.  It
   also makes me think of New Orleans...

   ...You know, where they have that big party at Verdi Gris time...

   ahem.

   best

   Lindsay