 General / 2490
Re: Missing/malformed pieces?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 08:59:59 GMT

Eben Hill wrote in message ...
Jason Spangler writes:
Has anyone noticed an increase in missing or malfored pieces in the
newer sets?

I've gotten a few heads that look like they were double printed, they are • all
blurry.  Also, it could just be me but I don't think the new bricks line up
as well as the older ones did.

-eben

I have more than 150 sets, and most of them are from 1997 and before. I have
no problems with my pre 1997 sets. But 6332 from 1997 Town Jr. line came
with an extra diagonal window frame instead of a lacking 1x6x5 wall panel.
And set 8479 (Barcode Truck) has some loose pieces. A 1x2 45 degree inverse
slope continuously popping up from top of a 1x1 technic brick with hole, and
I've also heard the same phenomenon from at least two different people from
very different places of the world.

Additionally, hinged/movable parts seems to becoming loose much more easier
than the older counterparts. Extreme examples are the cupboard pieces and
their doors from RESQ Cruiser. Minifig movable parts are not tight as in the
old times, too.

One more. The front part (an octagonal piece, supposed to clip on a piece
with standard diameter bar) of the new moon buggy is totally free to rotate,
I mean no tight clip at all. This piece's original use seemed to be a
traffic sign, so it's not good not to clip tight.

Selçuk