 General / 24691
Re: CA bricks ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:35:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ray Sanders writes:
I picked up a bag of Lego bricks at a thrift store today. I think they may be CA
bricks. Can someone confirm the signs ?

Gary Istok is our expert and can be definitive but I'd give long odds.
You've named off about 10 of the 5 key signs of CA. :-)

One dead giveaway to ME is the difference in "feel", which is "slippery and
sticky at the same time" and the difference in smell. CA gives off a mild
vinegary smell  (the "acetate" part of CA is chemically related to Acetic
Acid or vinegar) up close, even after many years.

Another dead giveaway is the more orangy red.