 General / 2467
Re: Reissue Solution: Colors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:45:10 GMT

Nothing can ever replace the original, but there is a demand for, a market for
and thus potential profit in releasing a classic series.  If TLG just
monitored this network, they could formulate a group of sets to produce.
Based on the demand of certain sets and themes.

I hope to go through Enfield this Spring and will try to drop a note on the
big man's desk, in box, under his door, windshield... wherever

I just want the old castle sets.  The castle styles are different, less
ornate, but no less interesting then the modern castles.  I build the models
and display them.  I admire those who can create massive structures.  I only
get creative with the smaller sets and the minifigs.

I respect your wishes not to devalue  your collection.  So maybe they can make
some changes, but bottom line is legos are for fun - profits are a bonus for
some unimportant for others.

very respectfully,
don herko

Pat Shepard writes:
I've read discussion about the desire for reissues of various sets,
(apparently) especially the classic space sets.  The only problem (other
than Lego not doing it ;) seems to be that it would be bad for collectors, who
would lose the value invested in obtaining the older sets (also a
concern to me).

My suggestion:  Re-release the classic sets with thematic color changes.
Instead of a blue Galaxy Explorer with yellow windows, give us a
black one with red windows.  Instead of white and red smiley astronauts, give
us grey and green ones.

They could call the sets Mirror World.

Pat
(Who wants a black and red 6982)