 General / 24419
Re: LEGO Packaging - was(Re: Triangle Area LEGO Rep)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:54:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jon Kozan wrote:

My best note on packaging is LEGO's continuing habit of "hiding" parts.
On nearly every set's packaging that I've looked at, the alternative and
standard models scenes on the outside of the boxes will go out of their way to
hide certain parts from view.

I doubt that this is intentional.  Even if it seems like it is.

You have to buy the set to know what parts are inside.

One wonders why TLC doesn't use a side panel of the set box to show an
inventory of the set, as is done with most Basic/Freestyle sets.  Seems
like adding that feature to the packaging could only help sales.

These hidden parts are typically the rarer parts too!

Having a rare part in a set can have a big impact on sales.  I'm willing to
bet that TLC doesn't currently analyze this aspect when projecting sales
figures.

Steve