 General / 24139
Re: Where is the webring when I need it...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.org
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:43:07 GMT

"admiralmac" <admiralmac@soldiersoldier.co.uk> wrote in message
Can somebody tell me when the Legomaniac's webring will be finally on
LUGNET? I need it sooooooo bad to get visitors for my site (
http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/legowars2000/home.html )!!

Thanks!

-Admiral of the Fleet Grant Macmillan

Grant and all -

I apologize that I haven't revised the webring homepage and made a formal
announcement regarding my intentions.  For the time being, I do not plan to
accept submissions until the LUGNET ring is in place.  This is my choice
based on Yahoo and ring maintanence, not influenced by a desire to create
pressure to move it faster whatsoever.

As far as I understand, there are a few things which have higher priority in
LUGNET than the new ring right now.  I'm perfectly OK with that.

Todd and I have discussed in detail the logistics of moving the ring over,
and the features it will include on LUGNET.  There are still some final
discussions which need to be made, and I trust that Todd will get to his
part of the work when he is most able and when it will be most beneficial to
the community.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.  My suggestion to add visitors to your site
would be to work on keeping the content interesting and up to date, and then
advertise it here on LUGNET.  If people like what they see, they'll come.
Maybe you'll even get a CLSotW nomination.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com

ICQ: 23951114 - AIM: TimCourtne